Attack Theatre blends inspirations from the habits of honeybees with the personal and technical worlds in a never-before-seen dance installation for two men on hoverboards. From the directional dances honeybees use to communicate with the hive, to the struggle to connect over personally meaningful ideas, Attack Theatre navigates a kinesthetic exploration of the pathways that bring people together. Moving from analog systems of maps and sketches to the shared AR space of the app Just a Line, Attack Theatre dancers will ultimately find what is most important — the other person.
What is LIFE.CODE?
LIFE.CODE is the theme of the sixth annual Thrival Festival, taking place in Pittsburgh on September 19-21, 2018. This years theme will continue to explore "Humans X Tech" — the evolving relationship between humans and technology.
This unique conference experience will take place across multiple historic sites in Pittsburgh, drawing on the city's strengths in automated systems, advanced manufacturing, the visual arts, robotics, and life sciences, to convene cross-sector dialogue around the impact that these fast-developing technolgies will have on society, business, and culture.
Thrival's LIFE.CODE is produced by Ascender.
Where can you find Attack Theatre?
Attack Theatre will be sharing our interactive performance installation, Finding Another, at the LIFE.CODE Interactive Experience on Thursday, September 20 at the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Carnegie Music Hall.
- 5:00pm-6:00pm | VIP Reception
- 6:00pm-8:00pm | Keynotes in Carnegie Music Hall
- Hosted by John Battelle, CEO of NewCo & Founding Editor of WIRED
- Opening Remarks by Shivdev Rao, Executive Vice President, UMPC Enterprises
- Farnam Jahanian, President, Carnegie Mellon University
- Severin Hacker, CTO & Co-Founder, Duolingo
- Joanne Wilson, Founder & CEO, Gotham Gal
- Andrew Yang, Author of The War on Normal People & 2020 Presidential Candidate
- 8:00pm-11:00pm | LIFE.CODE Interactive Experience, in Partnership with CMOA Third Thursdays
- Over a dozen art installations, art presentations, live performances, and exhibits\
- Tech demos featuring robotics, AI, augmented/virtual reality, and music multimedia
- Silent disco dance experience