- June 21, 2019 from 9:30am-12:30pm — Callbacks June 22, 2019 from 10am-1pm
- July 2, 2019 from 6-8pm — Callbacks July 3, 2019 from 10am-1pm
Contract Weeks: 32- 40 week full-time contract starting September 2019
Salary Range: $455 - $600 weekly, plus a generous benefits package
All auditions held in Pittsburgh, PA at Attack Theatre studios at Pittsburgh Opera (2425 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222).
Registration is required for one of the audition dates (June 21 or July 2). Please email a letter of interest and resume to Lindsey Kaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attack Theatre seeks two company dancers for a 32 - 40 week full-time contract for the 2019-2020 season beginning in September 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Attack Theatre is seeking dance artists with strong modern technique and performance skills, the desire to collaborate within the creative process, the ability to work in a variety of performance styles and venues, and experience working in educational and community environments. The company dancer work schedule is approximately 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, however, early morning, evening, and occasional weekend commitments are a requirement of the position. Attack Theatre is also seeking apprentice positions.
Benefits: Attack Theatre provides a benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance plans, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and paid holidays. Attack Theatre supports mentorship and other opportunities for the growth and professional development of all its artists and employees.
Attack Theatre’s goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, within all job functions, of the communities we serve – and as such, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Employment with Attack Theatre is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Please note: People of color are strongly encouraged to audition.
About the Company: Attack Theatre, under the artistic direction of Peter Kope and Michele de la Reza, is now entering its 25th season from its home base in Pittsburgh, PA. Combining contemporary dance, live music, and multimedia to create “delicious moments of intimacy” (Le Dauphine Vaucluse-Matin, France), Attack Theatre has produced over 150 original works in theatrical and site specific settings. They have choreographed and performed for symphonies, theater companies, art museums, and for the Broadway production of Squonk. Their dance productions and events have toured throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Attack Theatre connects with students and teachers through arts education programs that focus on integrating kinesthetic learning strategies into the educational environment. These programs include residencies for students, professional development workshops for educators, and in-school assembly programs. With a core belief that movement is an essential part of living and learning, the company also takes these programs into community centers, senior centers, libraries, and neighborhood events to emphasize creative wellness through dance and movement.
General Management Internship for Fall 2019
Point of Contact: Rebecca Himberger, Executive Director
General Management internships at Attack Theatre are ideal for persons interested in the overall workings of a performing arts organization. The General Management intern interacts with all departments including artistic, production, arts education, marketing, finance, and development. Duties include daily business functions, research/analysis, archival organization, artistic administration, and special projects aligned with the candidate's individual focus.
Intern Position Description:
Founded 24 years ago, Attack Theatre currently operates with a staff of two artistic directors, five administrative employees, and a company of dancers, musicians, and designers working interdependently. The company’s studio/rehearsal space in the Pittsburgh Opera building in the Strip District is designed to facilitate easy collaboration between the artistic and administrative staff. Due to the small and collaborative nature of Attack Theatre’s staff, this position offers a valuable learning experience that more compartmentalized internships do not offer. This internship will offer insight and experience in the workings of a growing nonprofit arts organization based locally and working globally.
- Applicant must be willing to take initiative, work independently and effectively within a fast-paced environment. Internship responsibilities may include:
- Assist with organization of 2019/20 programs including: Smaller seasonal performances, Fall mainstage production, fundraising events, special events like The Down And Dirty Dance Party, and numerous educational and outreach performances and residencies
- Assist with marketing research and development for performances and events
- Assist with archiving company data including educational, production, and administrative materials, assist in the design of new organizational strategies for company data
- Assist with preparation of local and national grants and final reports, upkeep of grant calendar and deadlines.
- Research new foundations, donor sources, and corporate sponsorships
Intern Will Gain:
- Diverse skills and hands-on experience in nonprofit management for a mid-sized performing arts organization.
- Experience supporting Attack Theatre programs that include local theater and site-specific productions, arts education, and touring initiatives
- Experience coordinating and communicating with artists
- Opportunities to give creative insights or feedback regarding potential projects/performances, marketing and sponsorship strategies
- Opportunities to interact with professionals in the nonprofit sector, specifically the arts
Intern must have:
- Interest in non-profit performing arts
- An in-progress, or completed, undergraduate degree
- Curiosity and interest in learning the field
- Semi-regular availability (schedule will be mutually agreed upon)
And most importantly, intern must be open-minded, self-motivated, organized, able to work independently in a fast-paced setting, and interested in and passionate about learning everyday.
To apply for the General Management Internship for the Fall 2019, please send a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Himberger (email@example.com). Applicants will be reviewed and contacted for phone or in-person interviews in August 2019.